At a time where celebrities like the Former German Defense Minister Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg were obliged to step back from their office because of allegations of plagiarism in their Ph.D. the awareness of the importance of Ethics in Science has come strongly into focus. The aim of this Module is the definition of intentional and non-intentional scientific misconduct, establishing proceedings on its discovery and presenting suitable measures to prevent such misconduct showing the responsibility of both institutions and scholars in this process.
By the end of the module, participants will be able to:
- Identifying scientific misconduct.
- Analysing the nature of scientific misconduct.
- Evaluating the gravity of scientific misconduct.
- Applying measures of preventing such misconduct.
- Data show, laptop, pin board