1. For Individuals
To participate in the DAAD Kairo Akademie, the following guideline might help you to successfully apply for a Module.
General Application Requirements
- The target group varies from module to module; the DKA is generally directed towards prospective applicants for scholarship programmes, postdocs, alumni, scholarship holders and scholars in general. Please proof carefully whether you meet the criteria before you apply. Most modules are being offered repeatedly for different target groups.
- Repeated participation in one module is not possible. The participation in other modules is however highly encouraged.
- Language Requirements:
- unless otherwise indicated, all modules are held in English, a sufficient level of English is therefore required.
- Please note the following information with regards to the registration form
- Institution: e.g.: university, faculty, research center
- Special field: discipline of studies
- I have received a DAAD scholarship before: as DAAD scholarships are considered among others: GERF, GERLS, GERSS, GESP, WE, WAP. not considered as a DAAD scholarship is the attendance of a DKA Module
- Motivation letter: Please elaborate on your motivation to participate in the specific module you are applying for. Outline the specific benefits you would gain from participating and how you could use them in the future
- Vision of research: Please elaborate on your field of studies, your specific interest in it, and the value added of your approach to the subject
- CV: do not forget to upload your CV. Accepted format is PDF
- Completely fill in the registration form, incomplete forms will not be submitted
- Deadline is usually two weeks before the Module is being held, for specific dates check the call
- The selection procedure starts only after closing the call for applications
- Within one week applications are reviewed
- All candidates are informed via email about the status of their application not earlier than one week before the Module
- Candidates can be accepted, rejected or placed on a reserve list
- Do NOT call or write DAAD staff to check on the status of your application. The information is sent to you as soon as it is determined
- Successful applicants participate in a one-day module receiving intensive training in the selected subject
- Modules are held by professional trainers
- Participants obtain a certificate. Due to the strict terms of the DKA, certificates will not be handed out to people arriving delayed.
- After 10 am access to the module will be denied
- Light lunch will be provided
2. For hosting a module of the DAAD Kairo Akademie at your University or Research Insitute:
The DAAD Kairo Akademie (DKA) offers to organize modules at universities and research institutions all over Egypt in order to reach out with its mission to strengthen Egyptian students and researchers in international competition.
For further Information please contact
DKA Programme Administrator
DAAD Cairo office
11 El Saleh Ayoub St.
Zamalek, Cairo, Egypt
Tel: 202 27384127
Fax: 202 27384136
Please note that the contact must be established between an official representative of the university/research institution and the DAAD. Requests by students cannot be considered.