If you would like to interact effectively with people from different cultures -especially with Germans- then this workshop is for you!
You will be introduced to the meaning of culture and learn about the different cultural stages that people undergo to reach intercultural competence.
You will explore the common German cultural standards and will be acquainted with the potential communication barriers which lead to misunderstandings in cross cultural contexts.
The course aims at raising intercultural awareness, improving interactivity in a cross-cultural environment and minimizing intercultural misunderstandings.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the elements of culture
- Demonstrate the phases of intercultural competence
- Explain the rationale behind some German cultural standards
- Determine the challenges in intercultural communication and how to deal with them effectively.
- Flip chart, white board + magnets + white board, pin board + pins, markers brainstorming cards, stationary, laptop, paper