The nature of universities and higher education is changing and will continue to change for the next decade. “Digital” no longer means only a university IT department. “Digital” now needs to play a role in every department and function. Universities today are competing globally for students, academics, funding and business opportunities. Physical universities nowadays are also competing against online competitors. They have to prepare students for the digital age, not only by delivering cutting-edge knowledge about the opportunities and challenges technology offers, but also by making students fully digitally competent for new jobs that do not even exist today. The digital age therefore demands that Higher Education Institutions adapt their teaching and learning practices. The starting point for effecting digital transformation is always the alignment of the broader business strategy with the development of digital capabilities required to drive the strategy.
In this course participants will gain an insight about:
- Digitalization, digital transformation, and what it means to be digital.
- How digital technologies are disrupting competition and redefining industries and universities.
- Emerging trends in higher education and technologies.
- The enabling and shaping effects of technology and implications for universities.
- Digital Transformation strategies and digital capabilities.
Leading Digital Transformation.
University presidents, vice chancellors, digital leaders, head of departments, CIOs, faculty members in leadership positions.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define what digital transformation means for Higher Education.
- Discuss the technological disruptions and the competitive advantages of universities with a digital transformation plan.
- Analyze and assess the needs for the digital transformation of their Universities.
- Design and discuss transformational journeys for different stakeholders.
- Develop a digital strategy.
- Support the cultural change needed for this kind of transformation.
- Identify digital transformation leadership skills.