This module defines and explains the different elements of self-management and links them to the successful career. Participants will learn how to set their own priorities & manage their time & resources effectively.
This course introduces and applies the basic skills of analyzing information. Attention is given especially to scientific thinking skills, problem solving, observation, analysis, making inferences, interpretation, and argumentation in reading, oral and written expression.
The Research Project Management Module is designed to help the participants develop the necessary skills to perform their duties effectively. It will include topics related to project and time management such as:
What is a project; what needs to be taken into account in conducting the project,
Writing proposal for research has become increasingly essential for scholars. The workshop will discuss the essentials of proposal writing in social sciences. Proposal writing shares some basic components across fields. The workshop will address the following issues: what is the question? (research problem) What is the approach?
The 4 P’s ( Plan, Prepare, Practice & Present )
Communication : The 3 V’s ( Verbal, Vocal & Visual )
Mastering Body Language
Handling Difficult Questions
Case Studies / Videos
· The essential nature of innovation.
· Critical success factors for making innovation happen.
· Connecting students & staff with society: internships and alumni
· Background research and innovation problem framing.
· In general: Participants will be introduced to the interview as a specific methodology of data collection, be it in qualitative (f.i. expert interviews) or quantitative form (f.i. surveys).
Objectives: This course is an introduction to networking. It will shed the light on the meaning of networking and the tools required for successful networking.
During the course the trainees will be working in groups and interactively to acquire knowledge about:
This course introduces the concept of culture and cross cultural perception in general and focuses on the Egyptian culture in particular. Participants will be provided with knowledge about the aspects that influence the Egyptian culture, the cultural standards, and will be made aware of the cultural differences.
This course introduces candidates to various types of oral communication. It aims at equipping them with the basic skills needed for academic presentations as well as for career presentations
Gender Mainstreaming is a globally accepted strategy for promoting gender equality. Gender mainstreaming in academia involves ensuring that gender perspectives and attention to the goal of gender equality are central to all activities of teaching, research and university administration.
- Die formale Struktur einer wissenschaftlichen Arbeit (Aufbau, Einleitung, Schluss, Literaturverzeichnis).
- Recherchieren und Einarbeiten von Sekundärliteratur (Zusammenfassung, Paraphrase, Zitat).
- Wissenschaftliches Argumentieren (Fakten, Hypothesen, Urteile).
- Wissenschaftssprache (mit praktischen Übungen)
At a time where celebrities like the Former German Defense Minister Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg were obliged to step back from their office because of allegations of plagiarism in their Ph.D. the awareness of the importance of Ethics in Science has come strongly into focus.
· Einführung in die Methodik und Didaktik des DaF-Unterrichts im Hinblick auf die Fertigkeit Leseverstehen
· Differenzierung in globales, selektives und intensives Leseverstehen
· Übungstypologie der Fertigkeit Leseverstehen
· Einführung in die Methodik und Didaktik des DaF-Unterrichts im Hinblick auf die Fertigkeit Sprechen
· Herausforderungen des Sprechens auf Deutsch und seine pädagogisch-didaktischen Konsequenzen für den Daf-Unterricht
· Übungstypologie der Fertigkeit Sprechen
· Einführung in die Methodik und Didaktik des DaF-Unterrichts im Hinblick auf die Fertigkeit Hörverstehen
· Differenzierung in globales, selektives und intensives Hörverstehen
· Didaktik des Aufbaus von Hörverstehens-Übungen
· Praktische Anwendungen
Constructive feedback is indispensable in bringing about student development and overall improvement in their performance. It provides learners with information on past performances so that future performance can be improved.
- Types of research proposals.
- The research funding call.
- The characteristic of a winning proposal.
- Preparing to write a proposal: what are the steps?
- Working with a team to develop a proposal.
- What happens after submission?
- Editorial matters
Participants get to know a variety of rhetorical techniques to consider in preparation of presentations or speeches. Additionally, they explore the basic components of communication and how to integrate them effectively in their delivery of presentations or speeches.