This module defines self marketing and explains why it is important in the career. It explains the different components of a successful self marketing (resume – motivation letter – self introduction - interview – networking). Participants will learn how to utilize ones own strength points and, thus, improve their self marketing skills.
This module defines and explains the different elements of self-management and links them to the successful career. Participants will learn how to set their own priorities & manage their time & resources effectively.
This course introduces and applies the basic skills of analyzing information. Attention is given especially to scientific thinking skills, problem solving, observation, analysis, making inferences, interpretation, and argumentation in reading, oral and written expression.
· The module provides an overview on the principles of scientific work as a creative process. Drawing on the experiences of the participants, the workshop encourages to reflect on questions such as the role of the researcher and the relation between scientific theory, methods, data and analysis.
The Research Project Management Module is designed to help the participants develop the necessary skills to perform their duties effectively. It will include topics related to project and time management such as:
What is a project; what needs to be taken into account in conducting the project,
· In general: Participants will be introduced to the interview as a specific methodology of data collection, be it in qualitative (f.i. expert interviews) or quantitative form (f.i. surveys).
Objectives: This course is an introduction to networking. It will shed the light on the meaning of networking and the tools required for successful networking.
During the course the trainees will be working in groups and interactively to acquire knowledge about:
This course introduces the concept of culture and cross cultural perception in general and focuses on the Egyptian culture in particular. Participants will be provided with knowledge about the aspects that influence the Egyptian culture, the cultural standards, and will be made aware of the cultural differences.
This course introduces candidates to various types of oral communication. It aims at equipping them with the basic skills needed for academic presentations as well as for career presentations
At a time where celebrities like the Former German Defense Minister Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg were obliged to step back from their office because of allegations of plagiarism in their Ph.D. the awareness of the importance of Ethics in Science has come strongly into focus.
· Einführung in die Methodik und Didaktik des DaF-Unterrichts im Hinblick auf die Fertigkeit Schreiben/Textproduktion
· Phasen des Schreibprozesses im DaF-Unterricht
· Übungstypologie der Fertigkeit Schreiben/Textproduktion
Teamwork happens whenever a group of people works together towards a common goal. Herein each person subordinates his or her individual interests and opinions to the unity and efficiency of the group. While the person is still important, teamwork goes beyond the accomplishments of each individual.
· Participants will be introduced to the concept “Oxford debate”, a structured and regulated form of verbally discussing controversial questions.
· Participants will be provided with guidelines to formulate and illustrate individual statements during a debate.
Meaning of change
Coping with fear and resistance
The stages of the change process
Facing future changes
Participants get to know a variety of rhetorical techniques to consider in preparation of presentations or speeches. Additionally, they explore the basic components of communication and how to integrate them effectively in their delivery of presentations or speeches.