Conducting interviews is one of several possible methodologies to collect data. It is applied in a large variety of academic fields, ranging from social sciences to medicine, psychology, business, marketing, engineering, or agriculture.
Objectives: This course is an introduction to networking. It will shed the light on the meaning of networking and the tools required for successful networking.
During the course the trainees will be working in groups and interactively to acquire knowledge about:
This course introduces candidates to various types of oral communication. It aims at equipping them with the basic skills needed for academic presentations as well as for career presentations
Gender Mainstreaming is a globally accepted strategy for promoting gender equality. Gender mainstreaming in academia involves ensuring that gender perspectives and attention to the goal of gender equality are central to all activities of teaching, research and university administration.
Research institutes are generally dependent on few funding resources to support and fund their research, research-related facilities and activities. In addition, their fundraising efforts depends on personal relationships built with funding sources by their one or more of their team members.
- Die formale Struktur einer wissenschaftlichen Arbeit (Aufbau, Einleitung, Schluss, Literaturverzeichnis).
- Recherchieren und Einarbeiten von Sekundärliteratur (Zusammenfassung, Paraphrase, Zitat).
- Wissenschaftliches Argumentieren (Fakten, Hypothesen, Urteile).
- Wissenschaftssprache (mit praktischen Übungen)
At a time where celebrities like the Former German Defense Minister Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg were obliged to step back from their office because of allegations of plagiarism in their Ph.D. the awareness of the importance of Ethics in Science has come strongly into focus.
· Einführung in die Methodik und Didaktik des DaF-Unterrichts im Hinblick auf die Fertigkeit Schreiben/Textproduktion
· Phasen des Schreibprozesses im DaF-Unterricht
· Übungstypologie der Fertigkeit Schreiben/Textproduktion
· Einführung in die Methodik und Didaktik des DaF-Unterrichts im Hinblick auf die Fertigkeit Leseverstehen
· Differenzierung in globales, selektives und intensives Leseverstehen
· Übungstypologie der Fertigkeit Leseverstehen
· Einführung in die Methodik und Didaktik des DaF-Unterrichts im Hinblick auf die Fertigkeit Sprechen
· Herausforderungen des Sprechens auf Deutsch und seine pädagogisch-didaktischen Konsequenzen für den Daf-Unterricht
· Übungstypologie der Fertigkeit Sprechen
· Einführung in die Methodik und Didaktik des DaF-Unterrichts im Hinblick auf die Fertigkeit Hörverstehen
· Differenzierung in globales, selektives und intensives Hörverstehen
· Didaktik des Aufbaus von Hörverstehens-Übungen
· Praktische Anwendungen
Many educational institutions and universities have already purchased various technology tools for e learning purposes and didn’t gain their expected return of investment (ROI) due to the lack of knowledge of the effective implementation & assessment processes.
Teamwork happens whenever a group of people works together towards a common goal. Herein each person subordinates his or her individual interests and opinions to the unity and efficiency of the group. While the person is still important, teamwork goes beyond the accomplishments of each individual.
While most of us believe we are good in communication, and
in most cases we are, then why as a team we face multiple mis-communications? Poor communication between team members
is a major factor for teams to fail and can lead from unnecessary tension via anxiety through to conflicts amongst team members.
We engage in debates every day and in almost all aspects of life, be it private, social, or professional. Thereby, it is often challenging to persuade others. During the workshop, participants will be provided with techniques and skills to become more convincing.
- Types of research proposals.
- The research funding call.
- The characteristic of a winning proposal.
- Preparing to write a proposal: what are the steps?
- Working with a team to develop a proposal.
- What happens after submission?
- Editorial matters
Internationalization in academic trends is part of the reality of the 21st century. Internationalization includes the policies and practices undertaken by academic systems and institutions—and even individuals—to cope with the global academic environment.
Assessment is indispensable in bringing about student development and overall improvement in their performance. In the absence of adequate assessment, good performance is not recognized and problems with regard to academic competence go uncorrected.
Assessment can sometimes be challenging to even the most experienced instructor.